All articles available on request (olimould at gmail dot com) or check out my Academia.edu (where I have uploaded some of the pdfs of the papers) & Google Scholar profile. I also have a page over at That Film Guy where I regularly review films.
- Mould, O (2015) Urban Subversion and the Creative City. Routledge, London.
Selected Academic Articles and Book Chapters:
- Mould, O and Comunian, R (2014) ‘Hung, Drawn and Cultural Quartered: Rethinking Cultural Quarter Development Policy in the UK. European Planning Studies.
- Mould, O (2014) ‘Tactical Urbanism: The New Vernacular of the Creative City’. Geography Compass, 8(8): 529 – 539.
- Mould, O (2014) ‘Mediating Creative Cities: The role of planned media cities in the geographies of creative industry activity’ in Derruder, B, Conventz, S, Thierstein A and Witlox, F (eds.) Hub cities in the knowledge economy: seaports, airports, brainports. Ashgate, Farnham: 163 – 180. (This chapter is available as a GaWC research bulletin).
- Mould, O, Vorley, T and Liu, K. (2014) ‘Invisible Creativity? Highlighting the hidden impact of Freelancing in London’s Creative Industries’. European Planning Studies, 22(12):2429 – 2435.
- Mould, O (2013) ‘The Cultural Dimension’. In Acuto, M and Steele, W. (eds.) Global City Challenges: Debating a Concept, Improving the Practice. Palgrave, Basingstoke: 140 – 154.
- Daskalaki, M and Mould, O (2013) ‘Beyond Urban Subcultures: Urban Subversions as Rhizomatic Social Formations’. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research. 37(1): 1-18.
- Mould, O (2012) ‘Been Through the Desert on a Horse With No Name’ In Koepsell, D and Arp, R. (ed.) Breaking Bad and Philosophy. Open Court Popular Culture and Philosophy series, Open Court Publishing, Chicago: 171 – 180.
- Vorley, T, Mould, O and Courtney, R. (2012) ‘My Networking is Notworking! Conceptualising the latent and dysfunctional dimensions the network paradigm’. Economic Geography. 88(1): 77-96. I presented a version of this paper at the CreativeWorks London event in June, 2014.
- Mould, O. (2010) ‘Australasian Cities in Globalisation’. In Taylor, P, Ni, P, Derudder, B, Hoyler, M, Witlox, F and Huang, J. (eds.) Global Urban Analysis: A Survey of Cities in Globalisation. Earthscan, London: 63-70.
- Mould, O. (2010) ‘Australian Cities’. In Taylor, P, Ni, P, Derudder, B, Hoyler, M, Witlox, F and Huang, J. (eds.) Global Urban Analysis: A Survey of Cities in Globalisation. Earthscan, London: 201-204.
- Joel, S and Mould, O. (2010) ‘Knowledge networks in London’s Advertising Industry: A Social Network Analysis approach’. Area. 42(3): 281 – 292. (This paper is available as a GaWC research bulletin)
- Mould, O. (2009) ‘Parkour, the City, the Event’. Environment and Planning D: Society and Space. 27(4): 738 – 750. A version is also available on the American Parkour website.
- Mould, O. (2009) ‘Lights, Camera, but where’s the Action? Actor-Network Theory and Film Production’. In Mayer V, Banks M, and Caldwell J. (eds.) Production Studies: Cultural Studies of Media Industries. Routledge, London: 202-213.
- Mould, O, Vorley, T and Roodhouse, S. (2009) ‘Realising Capabilities: Academic Innovation and the Creative Industries’. Creative Industries Journal. 1(2): 137-150.
- Mould, O (2008) ‘Moving Images: world cities, connections and projects in Sydney’s TV production industry’. Global Networks. 8(4): 474-495. (This paper is available as a GaWC research bulletin)
- Mould, O (2007) ‘Mission Impossible? Reconsidering the research into Sydney’s film industry’. Studies in Australasian Cinema. 1(1): 47-60.
- Vorley, T, Mould, O and Lawton-Smith, H. (2008) ‘Introduction to Geographical Economies of Creativity, Enterprise and the Creative Industries’. Geografiska Annaler B. 90(2): 101-106.
- Mould, O (2013) ‘Explore Everything’ by Bradley Garrett. Antipode Online.
- Mould, O (2011) ‘The Economic Geography of the UK’ edited by Neil Coe and Andrew Jones. Journal of Economic Geography. 12(1): 324 – 326.
- Mould, O (2010) ‘Augmented Urban Spaces’ edited by Alessandro Aurigi and Fiorella De Cindio. European Spatial Research and Policy. 17(1): 143.
- Mould, O (2010) ‘Media City: Media, Architecture and Public Space’ by Scott McQuire. UGRG website.
- Mould, O (2008) ‘Global Cultural Industry’ by Scott Lash and Celia Lury. Geografiska B. 90(1): 95-97.
- Mould, O (2007) ‘Economic Geography: A Contemporary Introduction’ by Philip Kelly, Henry Yeung and Neil Coe. EGRG website
- Mould, O (2005) ‘A Tale of Two Global Cities: Comparing the Territorialities of Telecommunications Developments in Paris and London’ by John Rutherford. Urban Studies. 42(1): 170.
- Southbank skaters’ victory shows grassroots culture still worth fighting for – The Conversation
- What do we talk about when we talk about creativity? – OpenDemocracy
- The Southbank and the Skaters: The Cultural Politics of Subversion – Antipode Intervention
- No need for a Blade Runner sequel, we’ve already had Prometheus – ThatFilmGuy
- Creative Shanghai: A Photo Essay – ThisBigCity
- Creative City: Four Projects bringing Arts & Culture to Dubai – ThisBigCity
- Temporary initiatives need a permanent place in urban creativity policies – NewStart
- ‘Real’ Creative Cities: Grassroots Tel Aviv – the Polis Blog
- The death and life of Jane Jacobs critiques – The Global Urbanist
- Ranking Creative Cities: An exercise in futility – The Global Urbanist
- Tel Aviv Global City: Report on the Creative Provisioning of Israel’s Biggest City (report written for Tel Aviv Municipality)
- A Report on the Design sub-sector of London.
- Film in the City: A report on the Film Industry in London.
- Game on: A report on the Interactive Leisure Software Industry in London. (coverage: BBC | Develop | MCV)
- Read all about it! A report on the Publishing Industry in London.
- Creative Giants: A comparison of the top 500 Creative Industry Firms in Beijing, Shanghai and London.
- Elephant and Castle Culture Map Project (individual consultancy project)
- CreativeWorks London, Networking in the Creative Economy – 28th May 2014 (featured in the film)
- Long Live Southbank: The Bigger Picture – 11th November 2013 (featured in the film)
- Hollywood Reporter – ‘Breaking Bad': Philosophers Tackle Heisenberg in Book – 22nd August 2013
- New Start (website and print) – A Permanent Home for Temporary Initiatives – June 7th 2012
- Guardian – MediaCity on Monday – July 4th 2011
- Hareetz (press edition) – ‘Urban Subversions’ – 10th April 2011
- Newsweek – The Urban Jungle Gym – September 8th 2010